• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AT&T Wireless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

j9g

Just when I cancel my account I get my most recent bill which just happens to be $70 too much. My bill clearly states my total minutes of 112. (My plan allows for 200 daytime and 1000 night and weekend. Somehow, they tell me I went over by 177 minutes and 2 call forwarding minutes. However, the bill does not list these "extra" calls. I call to complain, and they tell me it's because I do not have "detailed billing", so not all of my calls are going to show up. I've checked all of my past bills and just as I had assumed, all of my calls are listed on them. So "Carlos" tells me to calm down, and he will send me my "detailed bill"-until then, I don't have to pay anything. So I wait for a 1 1/2 weeks, and I get a big envelope. Enclosed is a paper stating my account balance is now $0.00! WooHoo! Being the smart consumer that I try to be, I called to make sure there wasn't a catch. They tell me NO, that is for a different account! (When I canceled my last account, I switched to prepaid). I say- well I was told you people were going to send me a detailed bill so I could see these so-called phone calls you're accusing me of making. Then I'm told, " oh well we can't even do that since your account was canceled" And after I say, "So last time I called in, "Carlos" gave me a line of B.S.?" Then I immediately get a runaround, arguing with "Sabrina" for about a 1/2 hour. And finally says "ok, we'll send you a detailed bill so you can see for yourself". (Notice I was told this before, never recieved it, and now I'm told the same thing again) I'm ready to contact the news stations around here and have them do a little segment about it so that AT&T goes down!

F

FKNA

Welcome to the cellular biz bud. When dealing with large companies such as AT&T wireless, you are also dealing with a large number of employees. And the more customer service reps a company has increases the chances of getting hold of a poor customer care rep.

Quickest and easiest way to get this settled is to call back and demand to speak to a supervisor. Sometimes they will want to have one call you back. Do not accept that, demand to speak to a supervisor. You should be able to get this cleared up in 15-30 minutes max.

F

FKNA

p.s. Get rid of the prepaid service. It's a LOUSY service. You will have always have problems with it. Prepaid service is a national platform that all the major carriers use, AT&T, Verizon, Cingular, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">