• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case against school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

isaiah3

Hello. I am a 17 yr. old senior and I have played basketball all of my life. I was even named after Isiah Thomas, the great point gaurd. With this being my senior year I planned on showcasing my talent so that I could play ball in college. I worked hard in practice, always going and never showing up late. I have felt since day one the coach was after me even though I was our best player. He was all after me for shooting to much and not being a leader among other things. My first game I led the team in scoring and set out the whole 2nd quarter. My 3rd game we lost by 2 and not only did I sit out more than half of the game I was benched in the last 3 min. as we lost by 2. The next day my coach was looking at the game tape and saw me try to pass w/ 3 people on me and turned it over. He yelled at me for not trying to shoot. I was not only upset that I didn't play much the night before but I was upset that he had been all over me for shooting too much. I then told him that I was averaging twice as many points as anyone else on the team and that I was shooting 79% from the field but I couldn't even play half of the game. He told me to sit down and be quite. I then said it was his fault that we lost the game and that I knew it and he knew it. He then told me to turn in my uniform. It says in out Athletic Handbook that Disrespectfull conduct: Any language or gesture towards a coach, official, or player.
1st offense: Conference and possible suspension
2nd offense: 1-3 game suspension
3rd offense: Suspension/Termination
This was my first offense but I was kicked off of the team. I've talked to him twice and there has been no breakthrough. I've also spoken to the Athletic Director and Principal and they told me that basically whatever he says it is thier job to back him up. My next step is the school board and they have no logic and will probably side with the coach. Do I have a case against him in court though? Perhaps wrongfull termination (if it is such a thing) or not obeying the school's rules. One or the other. Please just let me know because this is killing my chances to play in college and what not. Thank you. Isaiah Parsons

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">