• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kgj1

I left my former company and there is no non-compete involved. They are stating further legal action if I copntact any current customers. All company information has been returned, and one verbal agreement has been made after the termination but no written agreement signed, although one is on the table from the company. I am in the process of starting my own business and wonder if they can legally stop me from contacting the customers that I was servicing or allow them to contact me? An injunction was brought up to me by the company if I start servicing these customers. is this possible? and if so, on what grounds? Also, what does Assign mean in a contract, as if the person, attorney, heirs, and assign..... Any information or objective opinions greatly appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kgj1 said:
I left my former company and there is no non-compete involved. They are stating further legal action if I copntact any current customers. All company information has been returned, and one verbal agreement has been made after the termination but no written agreement signed, although one is on the table from the company. I am in the process of starting my own business and wonder if they can legally stop me from contacting the customers that I was servicing or allow them to contact me? An injunction was brought up to me by the company if I start servicing these customers. is this possible? and if so, on what grounds? Also, what does Assign mean in a contract, as if the person, attorney, heirs, and assign..... Any information or objective opinions greatly appreciated.
My response:

Do you know why you're not going to get an answer, except for perhaps, generalized responses - - that you won't be able to use?

IAAL

K

kgj1

Re: Re: Separation Agreement

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:

My response:

Do you know why you're not going to get an answer, except for perhaps, generalized responses - - that you won't be able to use?

IAAL
I'm sorry, but I do not follow? I guess all I'm asking "Does the company have any legal grounds on me to prohibit me to "take" customers that I serviced while with this company. Is this just a scare tactic to get me to sign the separation agreement? Should I contact a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">