• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"as is"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

riverat

CA-
My question (although I may know the answer already) is...my husband and I bought a vehicle 4 days ago...its broken! we bought the vehicle from a dealers lot cash purchase...we bought it "as is" no warranty no guarranty (i did see that all the vehicles on the lot had this in their windows). a part that belongs to the driveshaft broke and is now costing us over $500 (merry x-mas!) is there anything that can be done as far as the dealer helping with this cost? we bought it on the 3rd of dec. is there any sort of law that protects us? the vehicle has been up on jacks now for 24 hrs and may not be fixed until Monday. or are we basically screwed?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

riverat said:
CA-
My question (although I may know the answer already) is...my husband and I bought a vehicle 4 days ago...its broken! we bought the vehicle from a dealers lot cash purchase...we bought it "as is" no warranty no guarranty (i did see that all the vehicles on the lot had this in their windows). a part that belongs to the driveshaft broke and is now costing us over $500 (merry x-mas!) is there anything that can be done as far as the dealer helping with this cost? we bought it on the 3rd of dec. is there any sort of law that protects us? the vehicle has been up on jacks now for 24 hrs and may not be fixed until Monday. or are we basically screwed?
My response:

No, no, no, and yes.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">