• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto reposession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

XJFA

Does a dealer have to put in writing that he is terminating a deal before he takes a car back? After 6 weeks of driving my car, the dealer took the car; no phone call, no written request for the car to be returned. As far as I am concerned he stole it because I was never given the opportunity to return it, nor was I told by the finance company that the loan wasn't approved. I had several personal items in the car as well as a down payment. I have not been given anything back. Dealer told me that the loan company denied my application. My first payment was due 5 days after he took the vehicle back, so I was not late on a payment.

Because this deal was supposedly never "approved" is this considered a reposession? Should I have been told they wanted the car back so that I could get my things out first?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">