• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Annual Reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

summitpm

I incorporated in August 2000 in NJ. I have yet to use the corporation for anything. I am planning to start the business in Jan of 2002. Do I have to file any paperwork on the corps behalf at the end of this year (bylaws, annual meeting, etc). I haven't made or charged any to the corp. I don't even have a bank account set up.

L

loku

Following is the appropriate NJ statutory law:

14A:4-5. Annual report to Secretary of State

(1) Every domestic corporation and every foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this State shall file in the office of the Secretary of State, within the time prescribed by this section, an annual report, executed on behalf of the corporation, or executed by the registered agent,
(2) The Secretary of State shall designate a date for filing annual reports for each corporation required to submit a report pursuant to this section and shall annually notify the corporation of the date so designated not less than 60 days prior to such date. The corporation shall file the report within 30 days before or 30 days after the date so designated. If the date so designated is not more than six months after the date on which an annual report pursuant to the provisions of prior law was filed or on which the certificate of incorporation became effective, the corporation shall not be required to file an annual report until one year after the first occurrence of the date so designated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">