• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state DWI...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rosenrosen

I got a DWI in NJ about 9 mos. ago. I have a VA license and live in VA. The prosecutor in NJ told me the case would stay in NJ if I pleaded guilty, paid my money and didn't get caught driving in NJ for 6 mos. Sentence is completed and I have received my restoration notice from NJ. I even managed to have the court to ignore my VA license and send all my hate mail to my parents' house in NJ, which they then forward to me. Even better, the prosecutor got the DWI stuck on my old NJ license number, which I have not had in about 10 yrs. To further confuse the computers, I renewed my VA license the day after my arrest (long before my court date and privilege suspension) and got a different license # and updated my address in VA.

I've heard VA never gets word of out-of-state DWI's. Yeah, I know all about the Interstate Compact. But again, I've heard -- and the prosector promised me -- these things never leave NJ, if I obey the guidlines of my sentence in NJ. Am I in the clear yet? I'm still nervous that VA will find out somehow or that NJ, since they're done with me, may send the file to DMV in VA. How long would all this take, if it really did come back to VA. It's been quite a while already.

H

hurtin

rosenrosen:

please see my questions to you at MY post,

is there any hope for me?

H

Humble Warrior

Dude....I had the EXACT same thing happen to me.
I had a KS license,I moved to AZ,I then moved back to KS.....I now am in KS with an AZ license....I got busteed for a DUI on a motorcycle,the DUI went to my old KS license that has expired. NOT my Az license.
The dumb *******s mailed me my AZ license back with a renewal notice.
Dont sweat it....your in the clear this time.I got busted for a DUI 10 years later,and my KS license never even existed according to them.They had no record at all of it being real.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">