• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dba??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kamsrt

I am starting a business that will be internet based and catalog based. I have my business license and resale # in the state of california and that is where the business is located. I am in the process of opening a business account..My registered name is differnt than my ONLINE store name. How do I handle this..Will I need a DBA?..and what is the process for obtaining one?

L

loku

A DBA is a registration under a fictitious name. You should register each name you do business under: the ONLINE store name and the name on your business license. You register these names at the county clerk’s office of the county in which the business is located. The clerk should have the forms and instructions for registration. In most states, you will have to publish notice of the names in a newspaper, but the clerk should have info for you on that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">