• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights violated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fhtim

state: alabama
problem: no notification by opposing side
description: ex-wife decides to file for a change of custody. hires legal counsel. her attorney files a motion with the court for change of custody. 45 days later gets judgement against me and wins change of custody. mails me a copy of judge's ruling....this is the 1st time I was aware of anything going on! Zero notification. no opprotunity to be present.

when judge found out i was not notified, the ruling was immediately overturned. judge apologized profusely for the error...said he was misinformed by opposing counsel.

is the ex and/or her attorney open for claim of damages from me because of the apparently underhanded way this was done?

fhtim

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">