• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations for suing the company that received indemnification via fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

royka

In 1996 my customer refused to pay license fee for the Product, despite that the Product satisfied all the conditions specified in the original contract. After misleading me to believe that he does not have money to pay (as I mentioned he refused to pay as per original contract) I agreed to license to the Customer the source code of the released Product and indemnify the Customer from the original contract for a small lump sum of money.

However, I found recently via the published material, that the product was so good and innovative that it allowed the customer to gain significant revenues, establish him as a leader in the market place and receive millions of dollars in venture capital.

What is the statute of limitations (number of years) for this type of case?

Do I have a basis to sue him now for fraud of misleading me, that depraved me from directly collecting from him much more significant amounts of money (at least 4 times more than the lump sum that he paid)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">