• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana Education

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

qtpie

Indiana

At what age can a child quit school in this State with one parent's permission? 16 or 17? Or do both parents need to give permission?

Educated answers, please.

B

bobandjess99

West's Annotated Indiana Code 20-8.1-3-17
Ages: "Earlier of the date on which the child officially enrolls in a school or reaches the age of 7 until the date on which he reaches the age of 17 or reaches the age of 16 and a parent or guardian provides written consent for the child to withdraw from school."

I copied this directly from the Indiana Code. I'm not an expert, but to me, it sounds like "a parent" (singular) may provide "written consent" for you to withdraw from school on your 16th birthday.
Hope this helps.
(You do know you don't get a driver's license if you withdraw, right?)
Jess

Q

qtpie

LOL! Thanks for the reply. I'm not worried about myself, as I'm over 30 and graduated quite a few years ago.

I was asking regarding one of my skids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">