• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweetandlucky17

Okay....I bought a car, in August of 2001. Seeing as how I am only 16, my mom thought it would be best to put the loan in her name only, so my name is not on the contract, although, I do pay all of the car bills. I have not missed one. I am now wanting to move out, but when I do, she is going to take the car, away, even though I have already paid off 50% the car, by myself. Is there any way that I could prove that, and if I can, is there any way I can get the car put into my name, if I have someone 18 or older co-sign?

racer72

You are under 18. You cannot sign a contract or enter into a legally binding agreement. The company that financed the vehicle also will not modify the loan agreement either. Till you turn 18, you have no options to your dilemma.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">