• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Question..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ks mom

My state is AZ, but the company is in Utah..

This question might sound dumb, but I just wanted to get some advice... About seven months ago, I became an Independent Consultant for a scrapbooking company. (I had to sign a contract, stating I would follow certain standards) ..When we get orders from people, the Home Office is supposed to send us a commission check. One of my customers placed an order back in August and I still have not received my commission check. I had contacted the company, they had some excuse and said I would get it the next month....I DIDN'T. I have now been trying to get my commission since August and now every time I try to contact someone at the Home Office, they ignore me and will not respond. Even the owner of the company has been informed, but no luck... My question is, can I file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau without them taking legal action against me, since I signed a contract? Legal trouble is the last thing I need!!

Thanks.

O

onc1

I'm not sure doing that will help you in any way. I would recommend sending a registered letter to the "Home Office" stating that you have not been paid and demanding either payment or an explaination within a specific but reasonable time frame (1-2 weeks). If you don't get a response, then I would see a lawyer and complain to the BBB.

K

ks mom

Thank you, onc1. I will definitely try what you suggested and see what happens! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">