• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemon law Broken wheel rim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Don484

I bought a 1999 Dodge pick up from a dealer, i drove the pick up for 2 weeks and the left front wheel came off and went under the pick up doing about $2000.00 in damage.
I called the dealer and told them about the wheel coming of theye came after the pick up with a toe truck and just let the truck set at there shop i then contacked my insurance adjuster the truck has full coverage on it.
The adjuster went to the dealer some how he got hold of the service records on the truck it showed that theye had replaced the stud bolts on that wheel that came off only a few days befor i bought the truck now the dealer refuses to fix the truck and the insurance co. is doing nothing to help me at all.
I have not made the first payment on the truck but i have paid out over$500.00 to the insurance co. with a $1000. 00 deductable
Now i am stranded with no way to get to work, i am about to lose my job, What can i do? Please help if you can Don D

TCB4U2B2B

Lemon Law Does Not Apply To Used Vehicles

Court Is Now In Session:

Hello Don D and Welcome to the "Lemon Law" court and the Legal Advice Web Site.

Purchasing and selling any used vehicle, for the most part, is still practiced under the "Buyer Beware" rules.

Unfortunately, the federal lemon law does not apply to used vehicles under any circumstances. Your state may have other laws for dealing with safety related issues, practices and or concerns.

All used vehicles should be checked out by the buyers personal mechanic and or a knowledgeable third party professional, paid for by the buyer. The same type rules a home buyer should consider prior to purchasing a pre owned watercraft or home.

About you only recourse at this point is to contact the vehicle manufacturers main office, local state office, your states DMV which licenses vehicle dealerships, department of auto vehicle repairs and possibly the BBB.

Case Dismissed.
Courts Adjourned.
Regards and Good Luck.
TCB4U2B2B

A Guiding Light Out Of The Darkness....:D
Providing No Real Legal Advice. Administering "HUGE Doses of Reality" When Needed or as Required...:D
Personal Quote: "When In Doubt, Consider All Your Options and Allow Common Sense To Prevail."

C

ctwdjim

Hi Don484! I live in AZ, and I found out that even though a dealership sells a vehicle "as is." they still have to guarantee it for some major defects that may occur in used vehicles, but only for the first 14 days after the purchase date!!! I know this because I just brought mine back on the 14th. day, and they fixed it! in fact, I had the very same problem happen to the vehicle a second time, so I took it back again, and yep, they had to do the repair the second time also!:D I can guarantee you they wern't smiling!:D check to see if your state has this same law, and since you said it happened in just two weeks, you might be have made the deadline. I sure hope so.
Note:the "list of major defects that may occur in used motor vehicles," is on the back side of the "implied warranties only" paper that comes with your purchase.
ps. I would not advise you to get loud & demanding, at least until you find out for sure that they have no intentions on helping you. best of luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">