• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

A1Bestlimo

I Live in Illinois and I Purchased a 2001 Limousine under a assignment agreement with another company. Briefly the facts are, the owner was approx $10,000 behind in car notes to Ford Credit. We made a assigment agreement whereby I took over the payments and insurance and additionally would resolve the past due balance. This agreement provided that all commissions checks earned by the vehicle would be endorsed over to my company. To date the party has breached our agreement by not issuing commission checks for which my company is entitled. Instead He has deposited them into his account and paid out sums at his discretion. To date I have kept the car notes current each month and as well worked on bringing the past due balance to approx $1800 (which is one month behind) and I was on target to become current by the first of the year.

Now after putting in a lot of my my time, effort, and money the registered owner has breach our agreement by changing his mind and taking the vehicle back. In addition he has possession of approx $6000 in commission checks due my company. Lastly, as a result of the party taking the vehicle I also suffer loss of income. What remedies do I have for this situation? Can I enforce this agreement or get my money back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">