• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blood level?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bumbed273

Hello,
I recently had a run in with the chp a few hours after the a party where I drank. I had a blood test about 3 1/2 after I stoped drinking so I think I may come out okay because I was not feeling the effects at the time. My question is how can I get my results proir to my court date? I am planning on getting a lawyer and I am sure he will get it in order to form a case but can I get it before that even happens?

Thank you

H

Humble Warrior

If you are formally charged the blood results will probably be mentioned in the charges. Just read your paperwork.
As for getting it prior to then,you could try contacting the arresting officer,and they may tell you if you were not a jerk when they busted you,and they are presently in a good mood. Otherwise you'll have to hire a lawyer,and the attorney will find out as part of the evidence discovery process.

J

jblue

you could get your results early. at your trial arraignment (the day you go to get your court date) you could probably file a subponea with the clerks office (about $12) and request the results then, if you hire an attorney (make sure it's someone who specializes in dui) or get a public defender they should be able to get the results for you.

do some research, ive been doing alot for a friend of mine who has a dui appeal coming up, you'd be surprised at how backwards all of this seems to be. I seem to have read somewhere (check your lawcode in your state, but i think where we are in va the blood/breath needs to be done within 2 hrs of the arrest).

http://www.DUIcentral.com/
http://www.drunkdrivingdefense.com

goto Yahoo and type in dui defense, dui, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">