• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is a lawyer needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

egan

My son who is a senior at an private University in Ohio, and was involved in but not responsible for a student who was beat up. The students who beat up another student were kicked out of the school. The school administration has decided to suspend my son for one semester. The student who got beat up had hit a girl in the face, and her brother and some freinds went to his house and hit him. My son entered the house but did not touch anyone. He has never been in trouble before, so we decided to appeal the schools decision and there will be a hearing in which he can defend himself. My question is can he use a lawyer even though he must speak for himself. I was hoping to get some input for how he can best defend himself.

D

dorenephilpot

He would be entitled to take an attorney with him to the hearing.

It's his choice whether he wants to do that or not.

Best of luck to him and you....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">