• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was parked somewhere and asked to step out of my car...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ashe corbin

I was asked what I was doing there, and then asked if I had been drinking. I'm 21, so, I was not afraid to admit that I had had 2 drinks earlier in the night.
The officer then subjected me to a Field Sobriety Test. I passed it.
Then he told me that it was not a good thing to be asked to go through one. Then told me to buckle up and drive safely.
Being so nervous, I didn't think to ask, but now I'm wondering; will this show up on my driving record, even though I passed it?
I was in NJ, I'm licensed and registered in NJ, and it was a local police officer.
I was innocent, and was not arrested or given a ticket or anything at all, it seems.
I just want to know if there was a record made of this incident, and if it will affect my insurance rates or my driving record.

F

FKNA

Put your mind at ease, nothing to worry about. It will not show up on your record, your insurance will not go up, etc.

F

FKNA

Ashe...consider yourself lucky though. These days they crack down pretty hard on dwi/dui's. A lot of times just the mere mention of you having something to drink is enough for them to take you down to see if you're going to pass the breathalyzer. So keep that in mind if you ever plan on drinking and driving in the same day....make sure ample time has passed after you have stopped drinking and before you start driving.

H

Humble Warrior

See above (FKNA) you got really lucky that time. Consider it to be Gods' version of a "freebie"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">