• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsolicited Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glomaz

illinois-

what are the rules when a bank signs you up for a free trial membership (in a rewards program) that if you don't want, you have to call and cancel?

they can impose on you the responsibility to cancel something you didn't ask for? i have been at this bank for awhile, it seems that a change in terms or cost of checking account is reasonable, but they added a mandatory promotional marketing campaign to my debit card. -- the deal was to use your debit card and tell the merchants it was a credit card--i smell some back end savings for
the bank

how about if you are reminded in an addendum to your monthly statement to decide soon and call?

personally, i never give much thought to bank's monthly inserts--it's always the opportunity to buy an AM/FM radio for a quarter (plus $4.99 shipping and handling)-which is insulting enough--except that the radio, you can tell in the picture, is worth only about 8 cents (and i'm being generous)

my point is, I had heard of the Rewards program and assumed there would be a charge but never thought if I called soon after billed that it would not be reversed--have I any options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">