• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP ASAP! bank clears check then files judgement on account holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

madwest

My friend places ad to sell diamond ring in Dallas, Texas. Man presents cashiers check for 10k. She brings the cashiers check into her bank to see if they will accept it AND if it is good. Bank manager approves it. 2 days later check is cleared and funds deposited into her account. She withdraws 7k for personal use. A few days later she discovers the bank has closed her account. She called the bank and they said the cashiers check had been altered. My friend filed with the police department who could not locate the man who purchased the diamond-his driver's license was a fake. The other bank who provided the forged $5 cashiers check bank video showed the man with hat and sunglasses-so no ID could be made. The Bank attorneys have filed a judgement and a citation against my friend claiming she was commiting fraud fraud and responsible for the money. What course of action can she and should she take? The bank has been using strong-arm tactics trying to coerce her into signing the papers that says she planned this from the beginning. I personally know that she is not guilty of committing fraud, she is guilty of stupidity and a victim with no money. Please help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">