• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cell phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shortnkute

several months ago I received a cell phone from Nextel. I have never signed any contracts nor have I ever seen any paperwork. I have used the phone, they gave it to me anyway. I am not trying to get out of paying my bill, but when I add up the charges the don't agree with the plan that I told them I wanted. What, if any, disclosures are they required to make when issuing a cell phone to a customer. The original paperwork I saw said I got 400 minutes of cellular usage, 500 minutes of 2 way radio, 1000 minutes nights and weekends, free caller id and free voicemail, for $44.99 per month and the phone was supposed to be free. When I get the bill I am billed 168.00 for 30 minutes of radio, 252 minutes of nights and weekends and 376.30 minutes of other time. This does not agree with the plan. Plus I got a bill for the phone, an upgraded phone that I never authorized. What are my rights? Do I have any? I realize that it was stupid to take the phone without the paperwork but aren't they required to disclose the charges to me before I am expected to pay for them? Thank you! I live in California.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">