• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Dealer Reneging on Sale Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

soweto

Yesterday I signed a purchase contract for a new car at a specific price with specific features. Even VIN number was on the contract. The vehicle was supposedly in transit and scheduled to arrive today. Today the dealer called to tell me this specific car was sold weeks ago but they could locate the "same" vehicle but had to drive it over 100 miles to my location. Yesterday I specifically had the Sales Manager include in the contract the stipulation that the car mileage not exceed 25 miles and that they produce the car within 2 weeks. I have demanded that they transport this vehicle via truck so that mileage is not over 100 miles. If the dealer does not honor the original contract how do I approach cancelling the contract?

State is Colorado.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">