• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New vehicle purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dolphin_Dawn

My husband and I purchased a 2002 Dodge Intrepid about a month ago. The vehicle did not come with cruise control, so we received a promissary note from the dealer that a cruise control would be installed (we also split the cost of this cruise control with the dealer). The cruise was to be installed the next day (although that was not stated on the Promissary note). We drove the vehicle 80 miles back to have the cruise installed. We were told the next day, that cruise control is not yet availiable on this new model, but they would gladly refund our half of the cost or we could wait until it is availiable and then they would install it. My question is, how long do they have to fulfill this promissary note? We would not have purchased the vehicle, knowing that we could not get cruise control and the dealer was well aware of this, so now are they allowed to back out of this promise? If not, what steps should we take? This is in the State of Florida!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">