• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

use of restrooms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dlynne

my daughter received 3 days in school suspension for going to the restroom without permission , i recently learned one of her friends received 5 days out of suspension for the same thing. These are 90 minute classes and the same teacher is involved, she simply refuses to let them go when they ask. I live in Indiana and want to know if anyone else has had problems similiar to this.

D

dorenephilpot

Sometimes kids abuse the bathroom trips, and that's why teachers are reluctant to let kids go, but it's ridiculous to have a blanket policy that no one can ever leave class to take a potty break.

You need to go to (or call) the principal and explain the problem from your and your child's perspective and see if you can get this problem resolved. Sometimes that's all that it will take.

If that doesn't work, then a note from your child's physician, stating that the child needs to be allowed to go to the bathroom probably would work. Seems silly, but if the school is going to play Nazi, you're probably going to have to resort to something like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">