• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad hot tub, not the correct one

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chunk

The state is Ohio. I bought a hot tub (spa) back in October and the salesman told me that both pumps would work while the heater was on! Everything was fine until it got cold about two weeks ago. Now that it is cold I found out that the heater does not work while both pumps are on, so the hot tub loses almost 5 degrees in 45 to 60 minutes of use. They found out from the manufacturer that it will not heat when both pumps are in use. They are offering to give us a 100% refund but what I really want is a hot tub that heats while both pumps are on. They have one but they want us to pay $1000 more than what we had originally paid plus I have to hire an electrician to come back and run new wire because the hook up is different than the first one. They have allready told me they will not lower the price anymore on the second hot tub, that it is allready discounted. My fealings are that they should give me the second hot tub without any extra money because this is there fault!! I would like to know my legal options because I want a hot tub that works like I want it to. I would be willing to take them to court if I have to for a replacement at the original price.

vrzirn

It is really nice of them to return 100% of your money. You cannot expect them to give you a tub worth another $1000 with no extra money from you. Maybe, depending on your attitude, they might agree to sell it at cost just to shut you up.

JETX

Be glad that they are at least standing up to offering a 100% replacement. Take it, get your money back, give them the tub and go find another tub that has the features you want.

They have NO obligation to do further (and you should be darn glad that they are doing what they are. There are LOTS of posts on this forum where a merchant hasn't agreed to do ANYTHING).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">