• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

online auction-want to cancel order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tim F

I accidentally bid on a wrong item on UBID site and won. I immediately notified UBID and was given several run arounds. I sent 2 emails and made 2 calls, all to cancel my mistaken order within 12 hours of bid. They state they already have a pre-authorization code for the charge to my credit card and cannot cancel. Per my credit card co. this is not true, no pre-auth. code given to UBID. UBID now says I can return the item after it is shipped, paying for all shipping and restocking fees. They will not stop order prior to its shipping, no reason given after being asked several times (willing to pay restocking fee). I even offered they put the total charge towards the item I really wanted and they will not. I finally told them not to charge my credit card, and if they do it will be disputed. I also informed them any items sent to me will not be accepted from delivery person. Am I obligated to pay for purchase? Do I have right to cancel prior to it being shipped? What can they do to me? Not in same state as company. Complaint filed with BBB. Their respones to my emails do not answer my questions only a form letter. They refuse to give me phone number to corporate office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">