• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partnership startup problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kiteboarder

I live in Florida and I've entered into a partnership agreement with a friend but I feel that he has taken my money and spent it. He said he took my money and an equal amount of his own money and gave it to a third party as a "key fee" to do business on the third parties property. The problem with that is that he cant verify he spent his money and I cant verify with the third party that a "key fee" was even paid because of the nature of such a payment. We do have a partnership agreement that states I should be able to view the books of the companies accounts whenever I feel the need to. I wasn't given a chance to refuse to allow my contribution of capital to be used for such a questionable fee to a third party and worse than that two days after my money was supposedly given up I saw a contract I would not have accepted. I would have insisted that I get my money back had I seen the contract we got from the third party but my money had supposedly been given up already. I cant do business with this third party without my "friends" business reputation and experience so I havent backed out and I'm quite sure he would not give me back my initial investment without me threatening to beat his ass. Jail is not worth the small amount of capital I invested. Please tell me what options I may have to salvage this business venture and let my "friend" know I wont be cheated and misled any more.

L

loku

If the capital you invested is not large, get out of the business and be glad you lost only a little money.

If the capital is larger than that, take your partner to small claims court and sue him for fraud, or hire an attorney to claim your interest in the partnership and get out. In any case, get out of partnership with a person you do not trust! There is no way to maintain a decent partnership if the partners do not trust each other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">