• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bogus Parking Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeff Bush

Hi, I received a parking ticket in the fall of 2000 at the University of N. Carolina while attending a girls basketball camp. The ticket was for $55. My daughter was injured while playing (possible fractured ankle)pulled our van to the front of the building to load her up. Came out 10 minutes later to take my daughter to UNC hospital for X-rays. Noticed the ticket on the windshield a short time later & placed in the glove box. Left for Ohio the next day & forgot about it until I received a bill from UNC. Wrote a letter of explanation to UNC...two days later received first notice from a collection agency & the harrassment has continued since. They have made all kinds of threats. I feel the ticket is bogus...wrote a letter to UNC President but have never heard anything. Should I pay the ticket? If I don't pay the ticket what can the collection agency actually do? They claim they can have my license revoked etc..however I live in Ohio. Thanks for your advice...J. Bush

racer72

You are a little late to complain about a bogus ticket. You should have taken care of it then. Both NC and Ohio are part of the States Drivers compact and citations from one state can be enforced in another, yes you could have your license suspended. Unless you want to go back to NC to fight it, I would suggest paying the ticket. It is a non moving violation and should not affect your license or insurance.

J

Jeff Bush

Thanks

Thanks...I will take your advice since I don't plan to travel back to NC...J.Bush

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">