• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassing phone calls & threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kendra1097

State of Georgia
About 2 years ago, I signed a contract for my daughter to attend a karate school. I signed the contract foolishly for 3 years. After about 7 months, we moved away unexpectedly and the commute became to far for us to drive her 2 days a week. My spouse also became a part-time worker and we couldn't afford to pay it off. Now, I am being contacted by a lawyer who is threating me and harrassing me. He is being very rude, telling me to shut up etc. I know that I have to do something but I don't have the money to pay off the contract. Do I have any rights? Can they take me to court for the remainder of the contract?

D

doiedm

harrassment

Kendra-I am having kinda the same problem with a debt collector, do a search for "debt collection practices" and look at the do's and don'ts of a debt collector this may help answer some of your questions...let me know if you have trouble finding it. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">