• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lousy limo service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Momma4

[=times new roman]Lousy Limo Service[/FONT]
Meritta Chambers: California

I ordered a limo service to pick up my grandmother and her friend on Christmas day at around 1pm, to be dropped off at my home and then picked back up at 6 pm, dropped off at home. I paid extra to have her friend dropped off at his home. After My grandmothers friend said that he would be right back after walking her to her door to let her in, the driver drove away. My grandmother informed me as to what happened and I called the owner immediately. He told me that his driver said that the gentleman told him that he could go. I know this to be untrue because he left his leftovers in the car and had no other way to get home.

At first he(the owner) said he would give me a $10.00 refund(the original charge was for $284.00 which included tax and driver's gratuities plus $10.00 extra to drop the gentleman off at his home) the extra fee was discussed with a lady over the phone after receiving the initial amount over the internet ) When I paid for the service the receipt said $304.00. I guessed he(the driver) added in another tip. I didn't say anything because I had guests and I figured I wouldn't give him any extra cash for the tip I was going to give him. I even mentioned to him(the owner) how his driver didn't open the door for them (their elderly) when he picked them up or dropped them off. H e informed me that I didn't order real limo service, I had only transfer/transportation service, and that his insurance wouldn't allow the driver to open or close the door for the passengers. That was the whole point of ordering a limousine service since they are both elderly people. I paid $304.00! for transfer service. He said he could go as low as $54.00 reimbursement. He would cut me a check for $54.00. he stated that I had to trust him to send the check to me. I told him No that maybe he should trust me and give me his address to send him a check after we came up with a suitable price. When I later checked with the Better Business Bureau I couldn't find him with the address or the name that's on the internet. I then found him with the phone number that's on the website. It's listed as Preffered Transportation with a different address and already has 2 complaints against them.
The money is not the real issue but if am getting transport service I shouldn't have to pay $304.00. I called the bank and made a complaint the same day that this happened and I've been given several different answers as to how to handle it.
My real issue is the fact that his website is listed with Limousine.com as a limo service. There is no mention of transportation rates different from limo services. I was quoted one price and then charged something else. I'm very upset that an elderly man was left to find his own way home when he thought he was getting a limo ride. I feel that I was lied to about the inablity to open the door because of insurance problems when on his website it states that he has insurance above the industry's standards. He also states that he is part of the National Limosine Service and he clearly violated their Code of Ethics Articles:12 and 18 which deals with giving an accurate representation of services and costs of service. ( looked this site up as well)
I need someone who is knowledgable about this kind of problem to please tell me what to do. I really don't want this type of thing to happen to anyone else. What if the next time they fail to drop or pick someone up there is a serious injury or worse a death.:

Post New Thread
Logged in user: Momma4 [logout]
Subject:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">