• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with suspended DL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikemike123

Hi,

I didn’t drive drunk, but I think it is close to related topic. In October I got pulled over, and I got ticket for a red light and for driving without insurance, the thing is, car were not mine, or under my name so I was not able to provide proof of insurance, so I just sent check for $160, I was thinking that everything was ok ( I did not read back of the ticket, which said that my driver license will automatically suspended). However, on Dec, 24 I got pulled over for speeding in Nevada, and arrested for Driving with suspended driver license. As soon as I got back home (ID), I reinstated my driver license with getting SR22 and $65 fine? I have to go to the court on Feb 23, what are possible outcomes for my case?

Thanks,

H

Humble Warrior

Just get copies of the paperwork from your home state,and make sure you have the time-line of events in order,and I doubt anything will happen. The worst you can expect is to get "time served" for the time you were locked up,and a fine.
The reason being, is that "ingorance of the law is no excuse",they may pull that one on you,but in most cases the wont do that.They know your not an attorney,and let it slide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">