• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract---Who pays?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

volume904

I live in Florida and signed a contract with a mall here to rent a booth for the holiday season. We specifically told the woman what we wanted and the contract was made and a map sent.

When we finnally were allowed to open shop the cart was broken, and not repaired after nearly 2 weeks, we averaged $10 a day!!!!!! and there was a HUGE booth next to ours that was not on the map. We told the woman we liked that particular spot because we were OPEN on both sides so the view of traffic could see us, and than after we discussed the spot she puts that HUGE booth next to our spot. This booth was not discussed nor on the map.

We tried to speak to the mall manager about the problem but he was a complete ass so we pulled out immediately, and refused to help.

I feel that they are in breach of contract. My question is since they are in obvious breach of contract and I have the map and pictures to prove it wouldn't the contract be void?

My concern is that the contract says that we are to pay all legal fees. But we aren't the one who broke the contract?

I would like to recover my last months rent plus all of the lost time and money I put into this booth.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">