• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanted to open Military in home daycare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

racingrice

I have always had a phobia of pipes, example: pipes in a basement that are openly exposed, pipes that stick out of walls, furnace room, or a boiler room, etc. I can go into a basement that is furnished or doesn't have pipes sticking out.
The problem is when I apply for a job I tell them straight I can't work around pipes. Last year, I got a job through NAF (Non-Appropriate Funds working for Military lodging. On my application and interview I informed them about my fear of pipes and asked if I was going to be working near them. They said no, a few months later since I couldn't go into a room that had pipes in it, I was fired.
Now recently, I wanted to open a home daycare on Military base, I wanted to have 24/7 care, to help the Military members out that needed care around the clock. I almost didn't get approved since the Family Advocacy guy put this in my medical records: member wants to have daycare but has some phobia's which could interfere with daycare requirements. Member has intense fears associated with basements. She would do better in a CDC enviorment with Staff Support.
I think that is Discrimination, I have a handicap around pipes. I have no problems with basements. Ever since he put that info in my medical records, I will never be able to get a job on any Military Base. He ruined my life. Another thing is I am not able to have 24/7 care and take infants like I wanted to. They are only allowing me to take 3 children ages 3-8 years old. I don;t think it is fair.
:mad:

L

loku

If the evaluation was not accurate, there is probably some way you can appeal to the military to have your record changed, or at least to have your own statement added to the report.

I don’t think that this is discrimination that is protected by law. There is a law against discriminating against people with a disability, but your fear probably does not qualify as a disability for that purpose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">