• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IS phobia's a disability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

racingrice

If a person has a phobia could that be considered a disability?

Example: A person that was physically abused since 5 years old who was tied to the pipes and has a problem up to now to see pipes (water pipes), furnace and boiler rooms. If the light are turned out in a basement, will get flashbacks
:confused:

D

dorenephilpot

Are you asking if someone can be classified as a special education student because of phobias and therefore would receive federal and state accommodations for those phobias?

Sorry, but I've never seen phobias on the list of ailments that can cause one to be considered disabled for purposes of receiving special education.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I can't answer for education. For employment, it CAN, but it is extremely fact specific as to whether it WILL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">