• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bluntman

Okay for starters, i am in australia.

alright, i am buying a car through a private sale, anyway, the guy says he is selling the car for a "mate" who is over seas, and that all the forms are already signed so we can buy it.

Anyway, checked out the car today and wrote down rego and vin numbers and took it to the cops to get checked out.

the cop told us more than he should have and said the car is not stolen, but the car only came into possesion to the owner a month ago, and that person is a female living localy, and said to be very careful.

is there some kind of agreement that i can write up and get everyone to sign if i decide to buy the car that will cover me if this person arrives back from overseas or whatever, and finds that he has sold her car without her permission and wants it back or whatever?

i need a reply fairly soon on this, any advice/help would be GREATLY appreciated, as i really want to get this car.

feel free to email me [email protected]

thank you very much

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">