• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help;don't know what to do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jesse m.

i was convicted in '91 to 7yrs in t.d.c. ;i was 19yrs old at the time,26yrs old when i got out.my time was served it should of been over,but it's not. texas passed a law in '95 which changed my 7yrs in to life which is unconstitutional.u.s. constitution article 1 section 9:''no bill of attainder or ex post facto law shall be passed.'' u.s. supreme court,calder v. bull 3 u.s. 386 [1798]: ''i will state what laws i consider ex post facto law, within the words and the intint of the prohibition. 1]every law that makes an action,done before the passing of the law,and which was innocent when done,criminal;and punishes such action. 2]every law that aggravates crime,or makes it greater than it was when committed. 3]every law that changes the punishment,and inflicts a greater punishment then it was,when committed.'' u.s. supreme court,beazell v. state of ohio 269 u.s. 167 [1925]:''it is settled,by decisions of this court so well known that citation may be dispensed with that any statute which punishes as a crime an act previously committed,which was innocent when done;which makes more burdensome the punishment for a crime after commission,or which deprives one charged with crime of any defense available according to the law at thetime when the act was committed,is prohibited as ex post facto.'' these are the laws that i have found,but don't know what to do with them.i don't have the money to hire a lawyer,so i have to do this on my own.if any one knows how and where to file please let me know. thank you.

ccarter

I am not a lawyer, just a curious post reader. Are you saying that you served time and were released and now you have to go back?

Your post was hard for me to understand, maybe the lawyers here will know what you are trying to say.

I will be interested to see what that is all about. Surely, they cannot put you back in jail if you were released and your time was served.

Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">