• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

falsely accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katlyn

i live in illinois and i have a couple of questions. in an executive session a board member falsely accused my son (i am also a board member) of doing drugs, in front of the remaining board members,superintendent and the school attorney. is there any course of action i can take for this. next question is 3 girls at my sons school accused my son of smoking pot in class and possessing some on his person. i gave the school permission to search my son before i got there and nothing was found, therefor he was found innocent. is there any action the school or we, his parents can take for this action?

D

dorenephilpot

What did you want to sue them for?

Investigating a report from several individuals who reported that they believed he was doing something illegal?

Sounds like your beef isn't with the school, which had a duty to investigate the allegation, but with the false accusers.

You could sue them for slander, though I'm not sure what you hope to gain from it because in order to get anything you would have to prove damages occurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">