• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

day care issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

A.J. H

im from ohio and my mother wanted me to ask this question, one day when she went to pick up my little brother (who was three at the time)from day care she found him wondering the parking lot. she asked him how he got out and all he did is point to the door. so we concluded that he snuck out.
now the daycare closes at six p.m. my mother got there around five forty-five p.m. when she found my brother wondering the parking lot she picked him up and brought him back into the building to see what was going on. when she entered the building there was no teachers in the building what so ever, only the janitorial service who we later found out was also the owner of the daycare. when my mother asked her if she knew paul was outside, the lady replied that she had no idea and didn't even apolgize for this mishap. so my mother wants to know what she can do legally to make sure this never happens again.

D

dorenephilpot

There is nothing she can do legally to make sure this never happens again. It could happen again tomorrow.

Generally the law doesn't provide ways to stop anyone from doing anything, only for fixing it after it happens.

However, as a practicality, she can put him in a different day care.

J

Jeff Bush

1. Hopefully your mother has pulled your brother out of this center & placed him in another.

2. She should immediately report this incident to the Ohio Dept. of Job & Family Services, Bureau of Child Care at 614-466-7762. All centers are required to be licensed in Ohio. The state will conduct an investigation.

3. Also file a report with your county Dept of Job & Family Services.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">