• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui court appearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nikschj

On july 10, 2001, I was arrested for a second dui in 3 years, in Indiana. I agreed to a plea agreement and went to court on October 25, 2001. Before my case came up, I was taken from the courtroom by 4 county and city police officers, without the knowledge of my attorney, the prosecutor, or the judge. I informed the officers that I had used mouthwash before coming to court. I was given 3 breath tests that the police said were .13, (my attorney later found out they were only .03). I overheard them talking with an officer who was working at the entrance to the courthouse. I definitely heard him say "that's entrapment". They would not allow me to go back to the courtroom and would not get my attorney for me, even though I told them my case was up next. Then, a fifth officer went and got my attorney from the courtroom. When the police officers heard that he would be down in 5 minutes, they all took off through the side door of the courthouse.

What effect, if any, will this have on my case?

Last edited:

F

FKNA

Were you charged with anything after they did this? If not, shouldn't have any impact on your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">