• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrent for Arrest because of returned check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donna Bodden

To make a long story short, I received three tickets transpiring from an unpaid parking ticket in Montclair, NJ.

I paid the parking ticket, had my license restored and paid all fees for registration and inspection of my car resulting from the tickets issue in Bound Brook, NJ. I hired a lawyer, went to court in October, 2001 received a fine of $174.00 for driving while my license was suspended, failure to register vehicle and failure to inspect vehicle. I paid the fines with a personal check and was not notified by my bank or the borough of Bound Brook, NJ that the check had not cleared. I paid the insurance surcharge in December 2001 as specified. I did check with my bank several times and finally, the Bound Brook Court issued a warrent for my arrest for contempt of court on January 4, 2002.

Once I received the notice, I called the Bound Brook Municipal Office and made arrangements to post the $199 bail. I never received the notice from Bound Brook outlining the charges.

Next week, I requested to appear in front of the judge to plead my case. Do I need an attorney again? What will be the penalties? Could I lose my license and receive more fines? I've never committed any criminal offense.

DNB

What are the possible legal ram

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">