• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help w/reposession laws in CA!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Miya

I need help! I am being harrasesed by my car company! I am currently 1 month behind on my car payment! They are threatening me and have now found me at my new job and have called. I am going today to pay my payment but what rights do I have as far as them harrasing me at work? I was written up at my previous job because of to many personal phone calls. 89% of them from my car company asking me silly questions like what is your current phone number, when they already had my phone number. Can they just come and take my car from me here at work? Even though I am only 22 days late? Also I have a locked parking structure here at work can they ask security to let them in and take my car? Is that legal? I do not want my work involved. I work for a very high class company and they would not like that at all! Also, if I pay my car payment and then do not owe them anything will they still be able to take my car?? I live in California and I am not sure where the car loan agency is located. I think they have several locations. Their name is Drive Services, and they are very improfessional.

Thanks for any help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">