• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding day blues - photograher nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

doctor333

My wedding photographer required that I pay a small deposit for her to reserve the date of my wedding. On my wedding day, she showed up and took pictures. However, now she claims that the pictures were not of good quality because she had "bad film". She mentioned that some of the pictures were salvagable and that she would send those to me. I waited 4 months and I have not recieved anything. I have asked her again to send the pictures and/or the film, she again agreed, but sent nothing. It's been over 4 months now and I still have not recieved anything from her (I now wonder if she had film in her camera at all). Her contract mentioned that she is not responsible for techinical/machanical problems and that she can not be sued for more than she was paid. Can I sue her for the cost of getting another photographer to take wedding pictures of me and my husband and/or pain and suffering if it is over the amount originally paid to her?
PS this occured in nc :(

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">