• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threats to sue me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

ws6bama

Im from Alabama. I sold a car to a guy in September and took a 1000.00 down payment and let him drive off with the car. The terms were that i keep the title until he came back at the first of October to pay the 500.00 he owed. He did and i turned over the title, he drove the car two weeks before he paid it off. A week and a half ago he calls me asking if i had problems with the car, i said the only thing it done with me once was run hot. i put water in it and it was fine. He said he was going to have to do some work replace a few things that it was running hot and had started a week after he paid it off. Hes been driving it for over 3 months. A week later he calls me and says hes got a lawyer and that he was going to sue me unless i gave him his money back on the car. That knowinly I sold him a lemon. Im not a dealer, its a used car. Can he really sue me for that and win a settlement. Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">