• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I owe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tyme4me2fly

Pennsylvania-
I recently called a business to tow my car to my mechanic's as my clutch had gone out. The owner asked me if I would instead like him to work on my car. (Having known this gentleman for many years, I agreed. It was right before Christmas and my mechanic is always very busy.) In addition to the clutch, I asked him to please check my brakes as my brake light had been coming on as well.
In additon to these two things, he also did several hundred dollars worth of other repairs which I did not authorize. (Even to put in an air filter which I very well could have done myself.) Am I liable to pay the total amount of the bill? I am perfectly willing to pay for the work I asked him to do, but I really feel like he took me for a ride.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">