• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Garage Clocks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Icre84u

:) I visited a large finicial instituition in California today, to drop off a deposit. I had to park in a multi-level parking garage which offers the first 15 minutes for "free." Otherwise, for the first 20 minutes (and successive intervals thereafter) they charge $1.00 for each 20 minutes of parking.

I keep good sense of time, and was surprised when I was presented with a bill for $1.00 when I left the parking structure. I immediately turned around, re-entered the structure, and about 8 seconds later, exited. I was informed that I had spent a total of 4 minutes in the structure. Although this was not enough to trigger any payment of money, I was concerned that many users of the parking structure might be overcharged for parking. I sent an E-mail immediately afterwords to my financial instituition to complain.

The parking attendent refused to provide me with a reciept (no money changed hands). This parking structure accomodates several thousands vehicles a week.

My basic question is, is the "in/out" difference in time clock sychronization grounds for refund of my parking fee? What about the potentially thousands of other users who happened to overcharged for their visits to this structure?

D

David Bach

Go to your local tv consumer reporter, it might check it out. Otherwise stay outta there.
D.B.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">