• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Harrassment without a Victim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sojopodo

Harford County, Maryland

my 10 year old son is accused of sexually harrassing another 10 year old, even though he made no contact with her either verbally or physically.

scenario: school bus field trip
my son is sitting beside his friend who is pushing another female student on the sholder. My son whispers to his friend "do it to her booty". his friend repeats the statement to the girl, a parent hears his friend say it and all are reported to the principal.

the girl never heard my son make the statement and the principal admits the only one who heard the statement was his friend. the girl's mother went to the principal to try to tell her that the girl was not harrassed but was told by the principal that it was not her business.

assistant superintendent will not review the case and now i find out that this charge will follow my son to the next state we move to (my husband is in the army).

does a principal have so much power that she can ruin my son's reputation over nothing? what rights do i have as a parent to fight this without paying for a lawyer? is the school district obligated to review this case if i request they do so?

D

D. D. Lessenberry

What about the monthly meeting of the school BOARD, not the superintendent's office? Is that a possibility?

N

NewEnglandMA

Sojopodo..I know what you are going through because I received a "disciplinary report"from my 7 years old son today when he got home from school.It explained that my son supposedly sexually harassed a fellow class mate"touching his private part backside with his fingers"Strong accusation huh??Come to find out the truth be known the other boy was standing in my sons way and my son poked him in the lower back to say in other words move and the other kids thought it was funny saying"he was grabbing his butt"playing and laughing(you know how young kids are!)So,needless to say even though this was not actually witnessed by anyone it was all hearsay and even though the truth came out it is still on my son's permanant record!I am absolutely outraged at this especially when it comes to sexual harassment because nowadays it is not taken lightly!And even though he did not commit this act of what they accused him for it is still on his record for when my family moves to a different town!I wish i knew of something I could do about this!The school is so quick to blow things way out of proportion yet they dont seem to be so quick to fix this problem!I have a meeting with his principal and I wish i knew of something to say to back me up as far as law goes!I mean if this was an adult it could actually be considered defamation of character does this also apply to school age kids since this record will carry him throughout the school years??Please help!Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">