• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract between Employee/Employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

heat

My father lives in Salt Lake City, Utah, he started a business with a friend who lives in Jennison, Michigan, now when the business started it was agreed upon that my father would be an equal owner of the business but has time went a long, he was just an employee. So his friend had him sign a contract stating that my father would receive a paycheck every other Friday, along with bonuses. Back in July 2001 my father stopped receiving his paychecks, he contacted his friend only to find that he left to go on vacation for a month and there was no way to contact him, except through his attorney, which didn't help at all. In the meantime the contract was voided because the employer didn't provide is employee a paycheck like the contract stated. So they put together a new contract stating the same thing, but in the new contract it states that my father if is terminated/quits he is not to open his new business or be hired by another company to do the same thing for at least a year. But the same thing happened, my father never received a paycheck, or his bonuses, or for expenses, like the contract stated that he would receive. Now that my father has quit the job and is working somewhere else doing the same thing, the owner of this other company has issued a threat to the owner of this new company stating that if they hire my father they will have a lawsuit on their hands. My question is can he get a way with doing this and does he have legal opportunity to do it, and if my father can go back and sue for back payments (on his salary)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">