• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Written & signed contracts for Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

David Bach

Hey,
My wife & I signed a contract to install double pane, insulated windows in my home. after 3 months they started breaking,(would not open & close) after about a year the contractor replaced them. There was no paperwork on the 2nd set. Now 18 months later I find out they are not what the original cotract called for. the original contract discribed them as :double pane(2 pcs. of glass,which they are now) argon gas filled w/ low e coating. there is no argon gas or low e coating.(this was verified by a factory rep. & the original "build" sheet.) Low e coating is a film to screen out certain types of uv rays. I have contacted the BBB & the ga. dept. of consumer affairs and the contractor will not respond to either,and neither agency can do anything else for me. Now i discover the contractor has Administratively dissolved the co. & has re-started under a new name.(nothing else has changed,same people,trucks & all.) 3 or 4 questions: can i still sue? if i win (i will) can i collect?(from a administratively dissolved co.) and how can i stop him from doing it to other people? We have 1 more payment of 36 (on a loan secured by our home) should we make it?
THANKS, Desperate in Atlanta

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">