• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child care contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jen1016

in the state of maryland...the child care contract clearly stated "2 weeks notice should be given by either party in order to break the contract"...we (the center) gave the other party 2 weeks notice. they paid for the 1st week, and on that friday told us that "today would be their last day". they did not attend the 2nd week. the contract requires payment whether children are in full attendance for the week or not. we asked for payment for the 2nd week, they refused to pay it. are we entitled to collect on that second week?

J

jen1016

hmm you dont think it would be worth the time and trouble to collect a week's tuition on 2 children?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

My question was not for me to answer - - it was for YOU to answer for yourself. Only YOU know the contract. Only you know the amount you're "out." Only YOU know the value of YOUR time when compared to the amount owed.

If you want to sue the other party, then go for it. All I said was "Yes" - - meaning, you're entitled to your money under the facts as you wrote them in your initial post. That's all.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">