• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consequential Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

psavia

I had my truck repaired in SC while on the road. I needed three leaking freeze out plugs installed. 8 days and 300+ miles later, back home in FL, my truck begins overheating because one of the installed freeze out plugs has fallen out. My vehicle now has a blown head gasket. The warranty company states they will pay for the repair of the freeze out plug, but will not pay for the head gasket repair, even though it is necessary because of the freeze out plug failure. They site in their Service Warranty Policy they "will not be responsible for any consequential or indirect damage". This is followed by a note that says "Some States do not allow the exclusion or linitation of incidental or consequential damages, or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you (but in no event shall the inapplicablilty of such limitations or exclusionsinvalidate any other term of the warranty)." As someone that had the initial faulty job done in SC and had the failure occur in FL, where does this leave me? I am trying to get the dealership in SC to pay for the head gasket repair, but have not yet met with success. Do I have any recourse against the warranty company? I am dealing with a well known national company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">